If you heard about the Paleo diet, you have to read the original book: The Paleo Diet Revised: Lose Weight and Get Healthy by Eating the Foods You Were Designed to Eat.
Best Deal Around
As for the price, Amazon has the best deal. At this moment, there isn’t a lot of difference between the Kindle edition and the print edition. I find it more convenient to buy the Kindle edition because I travel a lot, and I take my iPad everywhere I go.
- Amazon paperback price: 8.44. This doesn’t include shipping, but if you buy more than $35 in one order, you can get the shipping free. Remember that Amazon not only sells books, so it is easier to get to the minimum to avoid shipping.
- Amazon Kindle price: 8.02
- Lowest price on used paperback: 2.74. This is the lowest price, but most of the sellers charge shipping, so the lowest price you could get is 7.92.
You could also get it at Barnes and Noble, but at $9.11, you would need to spend $25 worth of books to get free shipping, I think Amazon is the best deal.
I rated its Primal nature as a 3 because while the Primal Diet is based a lot on the Paleo Diet, there are some important differences, such as the use of lean meats.
With 288 pages and 6 weeks of meal plans, I think the book offers great value for only $8.
About the Book
Eat for better health and weight loss the Paleo way with this revised edition of the bestselling guide-over 100,000 copies sold to date!
Healthy, delicious, and simple, the Paleo Diet is the diet we were designed to eat. If you want to lose weight-up to 75 pounds in six months-or if you want to attain optimal health, The Paleo Diet will work wonders. Dr. Loren Cordain demonstrates how, by eating your fill of satisfying and delicious lean meats and fish, fresh fruits, snacks, and non-starchy vegetables, you can lose weight and prevent and treat heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, metabolic syndrome, and many other illnesses.
The book includes:
- Breakthrough nutrition program based on eating the foods we were genetically designed to eat-lean meats and fish and other foods that made up the diet of our Paleolithic ancestors
- This revised edition features new weight-loss material and recipes plus the latest information drawn from breaking Paleolithic research
- Six weeks of Paleo meal plans to jumpstart a healthy and enjoyable new way of eating as well as dozens of recipes
- This bestselling guide written by the world’s leading expert on Paleolithic eating has been adopted as a bible of the CrossFit movement